Monday, October 17, 2016

Reading Notes: Krishna Comic Book

Krishna
This story begins with Krishna's parents getting married. His dad was Vasudeva and his mother was Princess Devaki of Mathura. Vasudeva's cousin Prince Kamsa was a feared man and he was the one that drove the newly married couple home. On the way home he was told by a heavenly voice that the couples eighth child would kill him. He got scared and proceeded to kill every child of theirs until the time Krishna, number eight, was born and Vasudeva hid him. Krishna ends up growing up and is doing special things that amaze all around him. In many ways this comic makes Krishna sound similar in some aspects to many stories from the Christian bible. He was seen healing people and escaping from precarious situations. Krishna ends up killing Prince Kamsa after a long series of events and returns the princes crown to the king. There are many different parts of this story that I could use to retell for my story. I like the similarities to the bible that this provides and I think that may be an interesting approach to this story.





Cover Of the Comic Book Vol 501 from the Bizzell Memorial Library at the University of Oklahoma
Scripted by: Anant Pai
Illustrations by: Ram Waeerkar
Edited by: Anant Pai

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see some story notes on this Amar Chitra Katha book! I've been considering picking it up myself, as I've been using ACK for sources for my StoryBook project. These are some really intriguing notes you have here, specifically how Krishna can sort of me linked to similar actions akin to Jesus. That would make for a very interesting read. I liked your notes!

    ReplyDelete